Tambaram, finally I ended up in a so called satellite town on the southern tip of Chennai for the year 2009. As usual , it was my decision to put myself into a new situation and new struggle. It makes me stronger. There were matters on which I wanted myself to be strong. Unfortunately after coming here I realised that all such conceptions could not be realised. Then there was state from which I thought I will never come out.
But as usual, I got adapted to this place also. So having a peaceful time now ,to a great extend.
The main thing I liked about this place is that I am travelling a lot..by auto, then by train and after that by bus.
My office is at a place called Paranur which is 35 – 40 minutes from Tambaram by train. I have no clue about buses. Its not that I don't have the desire to try out buses. Its just that the crowd and the climate scare me away from getting into a bus.
Everyday I am seeing the same rail tracks. But I am seeing so much of life in the many faces I encounter each day. As you all know, my favourite hobby is observing people and to tell you the truth, I am seeing a lot of true lives these days.
From the beauty conscious chicks(as my friend calls them)with shall/duppatta around their faces to the very plain gipsy kind of women who just welcomes sun with full delight..the ladies compartment is diverse.
In the station while waiting for train as usual, I never remember the actual time of the train..So always I miss the train by 5 mins...hehe, one day I saw an old blind man. He was in the 6th platform ,the platform opposite to my platform, platform 8. He was very old and age has given him a slight bend. Each of his steps were so much calculated or one step was taking a lot of strain. He was taking a complete info about where to keep the next step with a long stick. In 5-10 minute , he might have moved few feet that's all. I don't want to sympathise or empathise. But I would like to say that I bow before human strength and hope which keeps him all through his difficulties.
So many women, working on the rail tracks, they are not figure conscious or with sunscreen lotions ...they are plain ,without any pretensions..working for their daily meal...The luxury we are having is not without a cost...isn't it ?
On my way, most places are villages with long fields , lots of cows and hills...the greenery of those places are fading as the summer claims his rule.
Places with sunburned people..that's how I want to call this place.
I see many things which makes me think ,dream and bring my own threads to make some stories.
It may sound crazy for many. But who knows , some of my imaginary stories might be true... : )
Thats all for today...will write more later...c ya all..
No comments:
Post a Comment